Marq Lighting - Intro to SceniQ software
The SceniQ software is a brand new system that delivers precise control of all aspects of lighting for lighting designers, installers, bands, and DJs, like nothing before. It is ideal for live performances and pre-recorded shows. There are a wide variety of control options that facilitate incredibly innovative and exacting live programming or you design the perfect lighting effects in advance using the 3D visualizer. This guide will assist you in getting familiar with the basic operations of the SceniQ software.
- Downloading the software
- Opening the SceniQ software for the first time
- Setting up your first light(s)
- Setting up the 3D visualizer
- Further Technical Support
The software comes with both the SceniQ 1, as well as the SceniQ 2X2 and can be found on at the link provided.
The first time you open the SceniQ Software, with either the SceniQ 1 or the SceniQ 2X2, it will ask you if you want to use it as a Demo or with USB device. With the SceniQ 1 or 2x2 connected to a USB port on your computer, select USB and click on the arrow. You can use the demo mode if you do not have a device connected.
The following steps are going to walk through setting up you first Light(s)
- Click on the Plus sign
- Enter in the Manufacturer for the lights to be added
- Select the light(s) to be added and choose a quantity.
Note: If you are setting this in a specific spot in the Universe you will add that here as well.
- Once you have verified that the setup is correct, select the Patch button.
Note: This will put them in the Universe and automatically set the DMX Address. If you're unsure what a universe is, check out this link What is DMX.
- Once the light(s) are setup the way you would like them in your universe, press the button in the lower right-hand corner.
- The next box is for the effects that come with the light(s) added. If you wish to use all these options press the button in the lower right-hand corner. Uncheck any effects you do not wish to use.
Your lights are now setup in the software as well as in the Universe you are using. All that is left is to create the light show you are looking for!
For additional help with this, make sure to review the software manual by clicking on the Help icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen
- Inside the SceniQ software on the top function bar, click on the icon for the 3D visualizer: This will open up the 3D visualizer in a separate window.
- Click on the light(s) yo move them inside the editor page
Note: There are different Axis and pivot points in this mode in the bottom field.
- To add a truss or other objects to the room click on the object button: Select from different truss options and other objects as needed and click on the + to add the object.
- To create the room you are going to be working in, simply select the material and drag it to the numbered selection that you want to make a wall, ceiling, floor etc.|
And that is the basics for setting up the 3D Visualizer, you are now ready to create your own stunning light show.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marq product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marq technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with our phone and email support: