Marq Lighting Haze 800 DMX - Frequently Asked Questions
The Haze 800 DMX delivers haze effects custom-tailored to your exact requirements. DMX functions give you advanced programming options and complete control over every aspect of the unit’s performance and the included wired remote ensures simple operation. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Haze 800 DMX.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you set it up and know when the Haze 800 DMX is ready to use?
- Why is there no haze coming out?
- What type of haze fluid should I use?
- How do you clean the Haze 800 DMX properly?
- What does the remote control do?
- How do you use the DMX option?
- Where can I get further technical support?
To get the Haze 800 DMX ready for use:
- First, fill the Haze 800 DMX to the required amount of fluid.
- Next, on the remote control, set the Power Switch to the On position. The Power light will illuminate, and Haze 800 DMX will begin warming up.
Wait for 2–3 minutes for Haze 800 DMX to warm up. During this time, do not press any buttons on the remote control. The Ready light on the remote control will illuminate when it is ready to use.
- When the Ready light on the remote control is on, turn the Output Volume knob to control the amount of haze.
This unit will pump out the haze only when the unit is heated up, and the light on the wired remote is illuminated. If it has not had time to heat up then it will not pump out the fog. When you plug in the Haze 800 DMX, it needs a few minutes to heat up to work. Also, it is important to check the gauge on the back to make sure there is an adequate amount of fluid.
Never run the unit dry!
We recommend using a high-quality, water-based haze fluid with Haze 800 DMX. You can purchase this from a local or online retailer.
Important: Using non-water-based fluids with this product will void the warranty.
To clean the Haze 800 DMX, follow the steps suggested below:
- First, always unplug your Haze 800 DMX from the wall outlet.
- After each time you use Haze 800 DMX, turn the Output knob on the remote control completely counterclockwise, and then wait for 1–2 minutes. Then, on the rear panel, press Function to cycle through the menu options until h and a number appear. Use the Up/Down buttons to set it to 0 (off), and then wait for 1–2 minutes.
- On your DMX controller, set the haze output (Channel 2) to 000, and then wait for 1–2 minutes. This will allow the heater to clear itself of any remaining fluid.
We also recommend wiping its metal housing with a soft, clean cloth. You may also use compressed air and a soft brush or a vacuum to remove dust from the external vents or internal parts.
Important: Do not clean Haze 800 DMX using solvents or harsh detergents.
The remote on the Haze 800 DMX controls the timing of the haze, the amount of haze you wish to send out and if you want to control manually or have it be automatic.
- To activate/deactivate the timer, press Timer On/Off on the remote control. When activated, the Timer light will illuminate and you can do the following
- To set the amount of haze, turn the Output knob on the remote control.
- To set the amount of time of each release of haze, turn the Duration knob on the remote control. The available range is approximately 1–30 seconds.
- To set the amount of time between each release of haze, turn the Interval knob on the remote control. The available range is approximately 1–30 minutes.
Note: It can take up to 30 seconds for the new values to take effect.
- To activate a continuous output of haze, do one of the following: Press Continuous to activate it. Press Continuous again to deactivate it. Press and hold Manual to activate it. Release Manual to deactivate it.
The Haze 800 DMX has a DMX option so that you can control the fan speed and the haze output from a DMX controller. Using a DMX controller can give you control from a more remote location if needed, so you are not constricted by the length of the built-in remote. It also allows you to control multiple hazers, fog machines or lights from one controller if that is what you want to do.
Here is all you need to do to control via DMX:
- Attach a controller to the DMX input on the Marq Haze DMX 800
- Set the DMX address "channel" on Haze 800 DMX. To set the DMX address, press Function on the rear panel to cycle through the menu options until d and a number appear:001 through 512. Use the Up/Down buttons to set the address.
- Now you can use a DMX controller to control the Haze 800 DMX.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marq product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marq technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with our phone and email support: